Well the Snap tickets came through, disaster. 1904 Saturday night! Won’t arrive in Brussels till 2210. No fucking point. I thought therefore I must get a coach Saturday morning 9am and arrive 5pm. Or get the late Eurostar but get another Snap ticket to come back on Wednesday or Thursday say. The next Snap window is open already from 1st November to 22nd November! But then I thought, option 3, just get the late Saturday train, forget about Saturday, just arrive in time for late nightcap in Empire then that leaves me all day & evening Sunday and all day and evening Monday to have some jollies, and after all in Brussels that is enough, and that actually will help me save money. To rebook an extra journey would be an extra £25 plus extra £40 perhaps for hotel for another night. Better to just get there late Saturday and accept I will only have 2 full days there. Helps me save money. I have no money in my bank account for an extra night in the Max, and I have no money on any of my credit cards for an extra night at the Max. And a coach would mean that killer 7 hour journey all day long Saturday after Friday night at work. For what benefit? Just to get to 5th in time Saturday evening to see it is absolutely crap again, as usual. That killing 7 hour coach journey just for that? Enjoy Sunday and Monday at 5th and be happy with that and the Gare du Nord windows on both days. Empire at least Saturday night.
Time to book that October trip to Brussels at least? Or risk it and wait for a Snap ticket closer to the time? No, done it now. Booking window open till 1st Nov, so I booked ticket out Saturday afternoon coming back afternoon Tuesday. Gives me TWO full days in Brussels Sunday and Monday, more than enough to be honest. And Tuesday chance for a last Cine Paris or Gare du Nord window before my late Eurostar home. Then I have Wednesday Thursday and Friday free in London. Max is looking EXPENSIVE 225 euros for 3 nights. Dare I wait till the time? Weekend is risky of course. That is when they will be busiest.
The hour of truth approaches. Try to sleep a bit. I carry on taking my newspaper diaries and books to —–. Carry on TRYING not to use my credit cards and trying to build up a permanent £1,300 reserve in my bank account. October 7 days off I can SEE if I can get a Snap ticket close to the time and take it from there. Eurostar is already £89 and will go up with every day that passes of course.
Check Eurostar for October 28.
I would travel out Saturday lunchtime, stay FOUR nights in Max, come back Wednesday afternoon. Eurostar looking like £84. Booking Max so far ahead makes it more expensive so expect bit extra to pay.
The Snap window has now been extended from 6 September to 25 September, so I CAN go on 19th and come back morning of 22 September. But I honestly don’t know if I have anything to go to Brussels FOR. Inna and Mariana that is it. Feels too soon still. Need to REBUILD my finances, and bring all my credit cards down. That money I would spend on Inna and Mariana should be spent bringing my credit card debt down so I have something to spare when I go to Vienna on October 28 (if I do). The thought of booking all those hotels and train tickets even for end of October is depressing to me. I really need to leave it till NEXT YEAR before I can really afford Vienna.
Yes the way I live my life is crazy, insane; but fantastic! Legendary. Knowing I am going to be suspended without pay for at least 25 days and not knowing how to pay my bills, I go home and book a £189 Eurostar ticket and £150 hotel stay! And then don’t even go! Biographers will love this in 100 years’ time.